Thursday, February 23, 2006

Dessert Recipe

This is a dessert recipe that I was given by my Aunt Angelina when I was 15. There's no real name for this so you could call it the Coffee-cookie dessert or something.

Ingredients

1. 1/2 (half) a cup of STRONG coffee
2. 2 tablespoons of Tia Maria liqueur
3. 284ml of double or whipping cream (or one packet/carton)
4. 1 packet of chocolate chip cookies (2 packets if you're going to snack during the making of it)

Instructions

1. Make the 1/2 cup of Strong coffee and add the 2 tablespoons of Tia Maria liqueur to it. Put in a dish to cool.

2. While the coffee is cooling, whip up the double/whipping cream

3. When the coffee/liqueur mix has cooled, prepare a clean plate.

4. Take a chocolate chip cookie and dip one side of the cookie in the coffee/liquer mix. (Do this very very quickly and be careful not to soak the cookie. Just a little bit of the mixture is enough)

5. Place the cookie on the clean plate.

6. Repeat step 4-5 until you have a layer of dipped cookies on the plate

7. Put a layer of the whipped cream over the layer of cookies. You should now have a layer of cookies covered by a layer of cream.

8. Repeat the process till you have at least 3 layers of cookie/cream (i.e. cookie, cream, cookie, cream, cookie, cream)

9. Cover the sides of the dessert with whipped cream.

Ok, now I dunno what happens. I think you can serve it already or you can put it in the fridge. But I think that if you put it in the fridge, your thing will get mushy.

I haven't tried this in a while, so I will try it and let you know how it turns out!

This is a scan of the original paper I took down the recipe with:

1 Comments:

At 1:14 am, Blogger 'stee said...

hahaha
that illustration is so you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home