Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Tym Blogs Too!: Push back!

This is a major pet peeve of me and my friends - people who rush into MRT trains without letting people on the train alight first. Usually with some manner of pushing and shoving.

The suggestion to "push back" is something that I really want to do and sometimes I do. However, whether it solves the problem or not is another issue.

Once had an idea of printing signs that alighting passengers could use that say something along the lines of:

"You can't get on unless I get off, so move out of the way, "
"Basic laws of physics apply in MRT trains as well"

But these will probably be lost on the masses. Perhaps better ones would be:

"SIAM!" (Hokkien for get out of the way)
"SIO!" (Hokkien for hot - typical food centre store holder tactic for getting people to move out of his/her way)

Toyed with the idea of Flash Mobs before, doing something in synchronisation like donning those traffice warden neon-green vests and directing the traffic, booking people in the "wrong lane". I wonder what the legal issues are with that.

Anyway, should start working, today's another long day/night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home