Sequel to The Dark Crystal
Got this off slashdot.orgGenndy Tartakovsky to Direct Dark Crystal Sequel
I remember watching The Dark Crystal when I was a little tike. Along with Labyrinth, these two films showcased the amazing technical wizardry of the Jim Henson Company. I will be anticipating this film for a while!
My only concern is that there's going to be use of CG elements alongside the live-action animatronics. I don't know if the CG elements will have the same sort of texture and depth that live action captures - look at Star Wars I - III compared to Star Wars IV - VI. I still feel that the visuals in the earlier trilogy look more real.
I wonder what quality it is that CG (oh, that's Computer Graphics) is currently lacking. Something to think about the next time I watch a film with CG.
Anyway, you can see the full press release from the Jim Henson company.


1 Comments:
I think that CG is, in a phrase, too perfect. It looks too slick, too impressive. Hence, it doesn't resemble anything with real life. Same way we can always tell if a piece of art is made from computer graphics or an oil painting.
Post a Comment
<< Home