Friday, January 06, 2006

five more days

five more days :)

I do apologise to those people who are coming to this website (yes, the 4 of you!) and not seeing much changes in recent days.

I'm sort of on a blogging hiatus at the moment. Attempting to handover all projects and work at my soon to be non-existant job.

At present, thinking of what it is that I want to do - thinking of setting up a website featuring only Singapore created advertising/interactive sites. The domain name I'm thinking of is a portmanteau*

SINGAPORE + ADVERTISING + ADDICT = SPORE + AD + ADDCIT = SPORADIC

but sporadic.com, sporeaddict.com, sporeadic.com are taken... anyone have any suggestions?

Anyway, it's inspired by adverblog.com and australianinfront.com.au

Adverblog
Adverblog is a blog about advertising and mobile marketing. It features interactive, print, tv, guerilla, mobile and outdoor campaigns from all over the world, but it has a special focus on Europe. The site is updated daily, and any news or creative submission is more than welcome.


Australian INfront

Australian INfront is a collaborative project space and launch pad to Australia's best online designers, artists, companies and other design related web sites.

INfront intends to elevate the perception of Australian art and design to a more accurate level, one that reflects the sophistication, individuality, and passion of Australian creatives.

If anyone out there knows of a Singaporean site that already does this, do let me know so that I don't duplicate the work. Thanks!

Word Definition Time! (whoo hoo!)

* portmanteau
noun
1: a new word formed by joining two others and combining their meanings; "`smog' is a blend of `smoke' and `fog'"; "`motel' is a portmanteau word made by combining `motor' and `hotel'"; "`brunch' is a well-known portmanteau" [syn: blend, portmanteau word]
2: a large travelling bag made of stiff leather [syn: Gladstone, Gladstone bag]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home