Monday, March 20, 2006

apologies for the absence

it's been almost 3 weeks since I last posted on this blog... apologies to all those legions of fans that are reading this blog (yes, you 5 people). I think that I slipped from being an ultra productive person at the end of february till now. Well, I don't know whether I have returned to become productive as I just woke up from an afternoon nap.

The weather has been extremely horrible the past few weeks - hot afternoons just designed for a long cool drink and afternoon siesta. *sigh* I write about the weather because as I speak, it's going to rain. And rain heavily at that. Thank goodness I don't have to go out.

Tomorrow, I've got an interview at Mindef for a DXO (Defence eXectutive Officer) role dealing in National Education. As such, I have to prepare to write 2 (yes, not 1, but 2!) essays based on the material found on the Nexus and Total Defence websites. Eek! I have not WRITTEN an essay in eons! My last written essay was probably in 1997 and I've been using the typewriter/computer since. No wonder my handwriting has dramatically gotten worse. I tried to think up what are the essay writing skills necessary and all I could think about was - must have intro, must have conclusion.

Hopefully, my thesis writing skills will not let me down. I do hope that I actually vet my essay before handing it in, so as to avoid sentences that actually were left in my thesis that go like this, "For global companies to truly be global, they will need to develop a global online presence." Yikes. Global global global - I sound like a turkey.

For those who are interested, my thesis was titled, "West meets East: Guidelines for Non-Chinese Web Designers in The Development of Effective Chinese Websites". Ugh, what an unsexy title.

Anyway, I'm off to be productive and do something with my life. Will write the part 2 & 3 of fortune tellers later tonight when I'm bored reading the Nexus and Total Defence websites.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home