Wikipedia Birthday
Go to Wikipedia and look up your birthday (excluding the year). List three neat facts, two births and one death in your journal, including the years.Neat facts:
1. 1882 - Piotr Ilyitch Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture debuts in Moscow.
2. 1940 - Exiled Russian revolutionary Leon Trotsky is fatally wounded in Mexico City by an assassin's ice axe. He will die the next day.
3. 1991 - Collapse of the Soviet Union: More than 100,000 people rally outside the Soviet Union's parliament building protesting the coup aiming to depose President Mikhail Gorbachev. Estonia reclaimed its independence and seceded from the Soviet Union. Estonia had been occupied by the Soviets for more than 50 years.
Daphne will know why I think the Trotsky one is interesting :)
Births
1. 1948 - Robert Plant, English singer (Led Zeppelin)
2. 1941 - Slobodan Milošević, President of Serbia (d. 2006)
Wow, I share the same birthday as Robert Plant, who I admire for his music and Slobodan Milošević who was bad.
Death
1. 984 - Pope John XIV
2. 1823 - Pope Pius VII (b. 1740)
3. 1914 - Pope Pius X (b. 1835)
I didn't stick to the "one death" because I thought that it was interesting that the day I was born seems to be a bad day for Popes.


2 Comments:
"I thought that it was interesting that the day I was born seems to be a bad day for Popes."
clearly, you are the anti-christ. or something.
Why of course I know such hot-to-Trotsky trivia about your birthday. Heh heh, too bad I can't post the picture of those two dudes with the axes 'planted' in their skulls.
Post a Comment
<< Home