ex-company offers me a job
Something interesting happened to me this morning. My ex-company offered me a job as a web specialist. Job scope would be handling production - slicing photoshop files to create web pages, javascripting and css, maybe some php scripting.I've left. I've seen what I can do. I can see what other people see and value in me. Other people appreciate me for my skills, my person and are willing to give me bigger and better opportunites. I don't need/want that job.
Was that too harsh a statement? I don't know. I guess there is some residual anger left over from that job. I think that I was extremely frustrated.
I actually don't hate the people (I think). I think I hate the company.
Funny anecdote: When I was being interviewed by the mindef people, they asked me why I left my previous job. I told them that I decided that it was not what I wanted to do with my life/career. Then one of them said, "In your application you stated, 'unreasonable working conditions', would you like to elaborate?"
I had totally forgotten about that. I was pretty angry at the time that I applied. heh.
In the end, I hope to put all that past me. I've moved on to bigger and better things. Things that may be more in line with what I want to do with my life. I don't know if I've made the right choice at the moment, but I have my fingers crossed.
Incidentally, since my departure, another person has left and I think another one is leaving soon as well.


1 Comments:
So they tried to get you to re-join the company by offering you a lower-level position? DUH!! DOH DOH DOH DUUUUUUH!!! If I were you, I'd have shot back, "HAA-haa!! Wallow in your own turd, schmucks!" And if I were you, I would say I don't hate all the people...just a select few. This 'counter-offer' shows where their brains are stashed - uncomfortably close to their tushes.
Post a Comment
<< Home