intelligence

I'm writing this blog right now from the far corner of singapore, pretty near jurong point (boon lay MRT station). I'm doing my In-Camp Training right now. For the uninformed, Singaporean males have to do National Service for two years (used to be two and a half years) full time when they reach the age of 18. After they complete their two years, they are considered "operationally ready" and go on to become reservists, also known as NSmen. In general, Singaporean males need to fulfil their military obligations until they are 40, but for Officers (myself included), it's up to the age of 50. Specifically, it means that in a 10-year training cycle, I would have to attend up to 7 high-key in-camp trainings (training that takes more than 6 days). Once that's complete, I will be posted to the Mindef Reserve List.
So here I am, in camp, attending a basic intelligence officer course. So far it's been pretty relaxing, as we're mainly attending lectures and not doing much work. It's going to get worse in the next few weeks though. Oh, did I mention? My training is from 24/4 to 31/5.
Thankfully, it is pretty interesting stuff. Will update you more another time, but I just remembered that my laundry is probably done. For now, wish me luck and talk to you tomorrow night!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home