Thursday, August 24, 2006

pensive

Listening to: Tracy Chapman Tracy Chapman Collection

I'm warning all of you - this is a perfectly random, stream of consciousness blog post. So for those of you who are not accustomed to the ramblings of a raving idiot, please exit now.

Well, this week has been rather productive or maybe productive isn't the right word. Event-filled would be more accurate. Let's start off with Saturday, although technically it belongs to the previous week. Saturday I went down to Daphne's place to pass her some printouts. My poor dear has a problematic All-in-one printer/scanner/fax/piece of junk. After hanging out with her for a while, went to Great World City to have lunch and headed back home. Stopped by Cash Convertors in Ang Mo Kio. At this point in time, I'm wondering how many of you have stopped reading this post and how many people's eyes have glazed over. Bought 3 $10 badminton rackets for my colleagues.

Ok switch strategy, will just post a summary of activities

Saturday night - Dinner at Grand Copthorne Waterfront followed by my birthday drinks at Loof. Thank you to all the beautiful people who came and celebrated with me.

Sunday - Church, lunch with family, sleeping off the alcohol, went to Daphne's place for dinner and watched lotsa episodes of Frasier. Fun.

Monday - Attended an extremely boring OpenOffice training session as part of work. Dinner with colleagues at Harbourfront after work

Tuesday - Work, dinner at Daphne's place (yum) and more Frasier!

Wednesday - Work, race to Plaza Singapura to try and buy the mr brown T-shirts and lunch, back to office, work, badminton at SAFRA Mt Faber with colleagues, dinner at Tiong Bahru Plaza.

That's a summary :)

Been thinking of various things recently, comprising ideas, personal development, getting older, my birthday, friends, purpose in life, goals etc.

In other news, my childhood acquaintance is getting married (just was proposed to), and I guess I'm feeling the societal pressure pads getting heavier. Not only in terms of getting married and settling down but also with regard to being a more responsible adult, targeting promotions, advancement in career, career options. Also the process of learning to drive which is my big bugbear.

There is absolutely no structure to this post. Woah. I'm thinking of working late Thursday night to clear some work.

This random post is dedicated to all my friends, especially those that were with me at Loof on Saturday. Thank you and I feel loved and adored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home