Sunday, December 03, 2006

An afternoon at Kerbau Road

I wrote this in my notebook on 18 Nov 06, 1800hrs. Kerbau Road.



I realise that that I enjoy taking aimless walks around places that I've never been to before. In all my 27 years of existence, I've never come to Kerbau Road. What does "kerbau" mean? What is its history and heritage?



While I am waiting for Daphne, I wander into a gallery showcasing artwork by a group of people. The collection's theme is Tekka (the area around Tekka Market). Beautiful surprise. Wish that I was in more comfy attire and that I had great photographic skills.

Sense of space. Placid. Lazy saturday evening.




Along this street, traffic doesn't seem to be that busy.


This place gives me a feeling of dis-repair, of an old Singapore. Even the URA sign seems to have seen better days. I find out that "kerbau" means buffalo.


2 Comments:

At 9:10 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Fun fact: The road just next (parallel) to Kerbau Road is Buffalo Road!

 
At 9:13 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, and another thing. You won't find that place as placid if you went there on a Sunday evening. The whole area turns into a marketplace! After our first Sunday session there ended, we opened the door and were surprised to find hordes of vegetables right in front of it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home