Saturday, June 03, 2006

65% more intelligent now

Just playing on the jokes that have come up since I told people that I was going for the basic intelligence officer course - "What do they teach you at the intelligence course? How to be smart?" Har. Har.

Anyway, after going through 5 + weeks of HELL (just kidding it wasn't that bad), I've come away with some good memories, new found friends and a greater insight of how military operations work.


Instructors and participants of 02/06 BIOC.

I can't figure out how to put the names with the big pop up image so here they are anyway:

Standing L-R: Eu Gene, Kenneth, Ka Shao, Zheng Tao, Leon, Lian Yeow, Gordon, Me, Rayner, "Pooh" (Royal Thai Army), Leo, Justin, Gary.
Seated L-R: Sabrina (Royal Brunei Armed Forces), Tony (Australian Defence Force), MSG Ang, CPT Edmund, CPT Alex, LTC Phua, MAJ Tan Hui, 2WO Collin, Chin Peng, Alvin (TNI), Laura (New Zealand Defence Force)

The foreign participants have all flown back to their respective countries and all the NSmen are back to their civilian lives. It was really quite a good mix of people in this course. Among the NSmen there was a venture capitalist, lawyer, fund manager, it manager and stationery wholesaler.

One of the things that was highlighted was that our course had a real desire to learn and question and understand which in itself was positive.

Although I did pretty well in the course, I'm not exactly sure if I am ready for my reservist posting as yet. I didn't manage to discuss with the instructors on my role in future in-camp training but what I will say is that intelligence work is actually quite interesting.

"Know the terrain, know the weather, know the enemy and victory will be complete."

- Sun Tzu's Art of War

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home