Wednesday, September 20, 2006

shamelessly need some affirmation!!

For those of you that have been hanging out with me recently, you must have noticed that I've been reduced to sudden mood swings, from relatively chippery and happy to sudden emotional downs.

I believe that it could be the food that I'm taking. It's a combination of my effort to change my diet to more healthy food and also binge-ing on unhealthy food.

My apologies for my erratic behaviour recently.

I've been feeling extremely demanding on myself recently. Putting extra, maybe unwarranted pressure on myself to perform, do well and outwit, outshine, outlast. I'm not sure where this is coming from, but I tend to expect really high standards of my performance in work and as a friend.

As a result, I've been feeling down because I don't meet my own expectations on being a great boyfriend, friend, colleague, employee, son and brother. My being hard on myself is starting to piss people off I think. I don't consciously do it, but I am extremely self-deprecating.

I just have the innate desire to be loved and liked by everyone. I must remember that I cannot save the world alone, and that I'm not alone.

Thank you goes out to my colleagues, esp. Vic, Charlene, Lishan for being really supportive recently, despite my erratic behaviour. :) Thank you. I don't know how I can get through work without your crazy antics and good advice.

Thanks too to Daphne, who's been an absolute brick (that's a good thing.) Sorry for falling asleep time and again. I *heart* you. (ok, sorry to all those of you who are turned off by emotional displays of affection...)

Wah lau, wat a self-indulgent and self-centred post.

1 Comments:

At 3:47 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Stop apologising for yourself!! You were a theatre student - what's the #1 rule? You NEVER apologise for youself!

Almost about everyone who knows you likes you. You're not perfect...which is what makes us like you more! Who wants a Mr Perfect Pants? And if it's assurance you're fishing for, you're getting it full steam, baby. ;)

And, eh...thanks for calling me a brick?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home