Thursday, September 07, 2006

i hate taking taxis at night

** WARNING - Very heated ranting ahead **

I hate taking taxis at night, starting from around 9.30pm to 11.00pm. Hm. I should rephrase that. I hate ATTEMPTING to take taxis at night, starting from around 9.30pm to 11.00pm.

Tonight after dinner with Daphne, I decided to take a taxi home because tomorrow I have to get up at around 5am in order to go for some Army ACTIVE Day at Kranji. So I am waiting at River Valley Road near Spize Cafe (for those of you who know where it is.)

I personally hate it when someone cuts in front of me when I am queuing for taxis, so I see three people waiting around the same area. It seems like they are trying to flag a taxi as well. Knowing this, I move further down the road, so that they will definitely get a taxi before me.

While all of us are waiting, a couple arrives and cuts in front of everyone. I don't have to tell you who gets the taxi first. Anyway, 2 of the original 3 in front of me have all gotten taxis. A pair of women cross the road to my side and stand rather near me. They know full well that I am waiting for a taxi. After a while, they move forward to the bus stop, so I figure that they are thinking of taking the bus instead. Once the last of the original 3 gets into a cab, they start moving forward even more. Now I know that they are going to take a taxi. I decide not to jump to conclusions and I believe (rather naively) that they will do the honourable thing. After all, they do keep on looking to check if I'm there.

A taxi comes. They flag it down. They look at me. and then they get into the taxi. They are 10 m in front of me.

I am fed up of people like this. Oh, sure you can say life is not fair, blah blah blah. But there are obviously some people who are downright rude. I hate people who block MRT train doors. I hate people who don't hold lift doors open for others. Honestly, is it so hard for people to do the decent thing?

I get disillusioned whenever things like this happen. A little part of me dies. I get angry. I lose faith in the goodness of people. I figure that it's best for me to just care about myself and fuck the world. The world can take care of itself. We can all fight tooth and nail for the last piece of food in the world for all I care. This is why we have wars. Because people are greedy, evil bastards.

I am a greedy evil bastard. Kill the entire species now. Do it now before we destroy everything that is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home