Update
hey you readers :) yes, all 2 of you (heh). I actually want to write some interesting and insightful blog post right now, but feeling rather lazy... I thought maybe I should just give an update on life right now. The frivoulous writing will maybe spur me on to write something meaningful.Well, in terms of technology and gadgets, I've not been so lucky in recent weeks.
1. My ibook died on me. again. I went down to the applecare centre at orchard wheelock place tonight and was told that it's probably the logic board thing again. i can't get my data out. argh.
2. My canon ixus died on me. When i switch on the camera mode, it just shows black and red static. argh argh.
3. My ipod has gone kaput on me too! At the applecare centre, they said that it's probably a hardware problem, and they don't fix ipods. they just replace them. So it's better for me to get a new ipod with full warranty. argh argh argh.
Update: I just remembered another tech gadget that died on me - my microsoft mouse went kaput recently too. argh argh argh argh.
Argh.
To make up (somewhat) for these tech losses, I have gotten myself a macbook pro.


Isn't it pretty... I haven't paid for it yet (on credit), so waiting for payday this friday before I settle that bill. What I need to do now, is to get the data out of the ibook and fix my ipod... somehow.
I think that I don't treat my gadgets with enough care... *sigh* that'll teach me to be complacent.
In work related news, I gave a presentation on New Media last Monday. It went ok, but I don't think that I achieved my objective, which was to excite people about the potential of new media in what we do. Still, if i am not too hard on myself, it was an alright presentation. People said that they did enjoy the session and that it was interesting.
I'm contemplating the move of this blog right now to the domain that I purchased. What I want to do as well is to make it more topic driven, rather than personal blog style. So it's a mix of my interests and my personal life as well. Similar to Vanessa Tan's blog (www.vantan.org)
I think that my focus areas would be new media (like hers) and also NE. I gotta pave the way for my organisation, I think.
Some other ideas that I've had:
1. Create a shuttle bus directory page. This is like the SBS online bus guide, but lists all the shuttle bus services available in Singapore. For example, the free shuttle service from Great World City to Orchard, City Hall and Chinatown. If I'm not wrong, it's possible to travel from Marina Square to Great World City without paying a cent (by using the free shuttle services). The thing would be that people can search the bus timetables for these shuttle buses and plan their trips.
2. I think that I've mentioned this one before - a weblog like adverblog that showcases great singaporean ads.
3. Work related - a documentary on NE (interviews of man on the street opinions etc.) mar
4. Singapore wikipedia
5. i (heart) singapore website - in conjunction with NDP 07.
ok.. going to sleep now.. won't post my deep thoughts tonight... to tired and have stinky feet.
18 days to christmas!


4 Comments:
i tink the prob with your ixus is the LCD screen, kinda happened to mine b4.. but since mine was under a 3 year warranty, they gave me a new ixus to make up for their inability to fix older versions :p
1: i think #1 is a great idea, particularly for skint tourists.
2: what do stinky feet have to do with not/posting deep thoughts?
3: i'm very jealous of your mbp. take some funny photobooth photos for me!
4: are you still running?
chris - don't think that it's the LCD screen though, cos I can view photos that I've taken in the "play" mode. It's just that when I switch to camera mode, the screen goes all black and red. I'll post up a picture of it tonight. I kinda think that it's the lens.
'stee - see my responses
1. I'm just wondering how to create it now, whether to do it in flash (which would be hard to update), database driven html (easier to search), or thinking of trying out an AJAX application like Google Maps. Gotta learn how to do it for all of them though!
2. Stinky feet interfere with my concentration.
3. I need to get Universal Apps now... got any pirated ones? hee hee
4. Stopped running :( No discipline. Santa knows that I've been naughty.
You sure it wasn't you trying to use your phone for a mouse? *guffaw*
Post a Comment
<< Home